November 11, 2008

oh my god

here is a video from one of my favorite bands 'jars of clay'. it is truly amazing. it asks some deeply moving questions about faith and struggle in the world.


Behind the Song:
"With Oh My God, we wanted to kind of communicate that everybody at some point intersects with God, whether they choose to believe or not, and people all have their reasons for crying out to God. And some of those are really deep, deep doubts. There are times when I wrestle with that now, but growing up I didn’t know the gospel could stand up to the scrutiny. It’s a question that I think needs to be asked. This song has three parts. It starts out being many people’ stories and the third part is my personal story...Why I cry out to God." - Dan Haseltine (Jars Of Clay)



1 comment:

jenny said...

That song is one of my favs, too.